Friday, July 11, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.153

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the painting of the (West) Cape May Victorian house. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Appearing for the first time is the building appearing in the distance, to the left side. In front stands a car (A '49 Nash, of course!) lit from the left as is the main house. These fill the void on that side of the painting and provide a visual balance.

I'm not satisfied with the way these new elements are painted. Both the car and building behind it are a bit too grainy. I'll have them revised for next week's cycle.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below. (Note that I had the camera on the wrong setting for white balance when I took this photo, only discovered afterwards.)



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home