Friday, January 11, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.127

Welcome back.






This week we will be continuing the 10 x 10 scene of the creek and buttes in Sedona, Arizona. I will be using the photo seen directly below and using my usual acrylics.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I've started by painting the area that will become the red buttes, now visually separated from the area that will become the green area above the water. Also newly started are the rocks sitting just above the surface of the water. These changes are seen in the photo directly below.



Not satisfied with this progress, I began the blue of the water surface. Additionally, the sky has received a new layer of paint, the same blue as the water. These changes are seen in the photo directly below.



That's it for my progress this week. However, I've provided a photo of the prior work, now framed, seen directly below. My poor photography does not show it exactly as I would like, but you can get an idea of the transformation.



That's it for now, see you next week. As always, feel free to post photos of your own work in the comment section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home