Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol. 60

Welcome back.



This week I'll be continuing with our painting of the 1950 Hudson Hornet seen in the photo directly below.



When last we were together I had completed much of the car, some of the roadway and had started the background. The photo directly below shows the painting as it appeared at the end of last week's post.



Since that time I've continued with the background and have done some work on the foreground.

I've decided not to be a slave to the original photo. I've begun to paint a large shrub (okay, they're junipers) on either side of the car. There will be a bit more detail when they're done. A building will be in the center, just as there is in the photo. I want to keep the ochre color as it contrasts so nicely with the car.

The foreground has changed with some faintly painted ochre and blue. I will attempt to add lit areas somewhat similar to those of the photo in the coming weeks.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about all for now. See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home