Friday, March 16, 2018

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.657

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Cape May, New Jersey mansion. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 8x10 inch canvas.

When last seen the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Lots and lots of changes for this week's cycle. Most sections of the house have been refined. I've taken a vaguely cubist view of things. Note that the details have been kept simple. The awnings now appear as sliced cubes set against the various planes of the roof and gables. Note the shadowed right side of the roof. Out in front the porch takes on the form of a large block with yet more awnings. I am very pleased with things so far.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here. (Currently under reconstruction.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home