Friday, October 27, 2017

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.637

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting a new painting. I will be using a photo from one of my trips to Red Canyon in Utah. This is a poor photo of a photo that doesn't quite show the true color of the place. I believe that Red Canyon has the best color in the southwest, and I have been all over the southwest. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 5x7 inch canvas.

I started with a pencil grid on both a print of the photo and the canvas. In this way I was able to transfer the elements to the canvas in an accurate pencil sketch. I've already applied some paint to the sky. I'm using a top down approach as in the last painting.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home