Friday, October 13, 2017

Saturday Painting Palooza vol.634

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the El Morro National Monument painting. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 6x6 inch canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

I have revised the various lit and shadowed surfaces of the butte. I've tried to avoid my usual blue-as-shadow and paint things as they appear in the photo. I've also revised the cloud. It is now less airy, more white than blue. Finally, I've added a layer of dark paint on the junipers. This is in preparation for the lighter green details to follow. You'll see what I mean.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home