Friday, September 08, 2017

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.630

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the Grand Canyon painting. I'm not working from a photo this time, just from the images left in my mind's eye from both our visit to the north rim and the gallery images.

When last seen the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Starting at the top, I have finished the sky, adding clouds in a yellowish color. Below that, the buttes have been revised, especially the area to the right side. The blue shadowed area has also been completed. Those 2 twisted junipers have been revised, with some green contrasting nicely with the darker underpaint. The foreground area has been overpainted with a bit of light and shadow. Finally, the foreground underbrush is now lighter green. The painting is now finished.

The current and final state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a new painting to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home