Friday, January 09, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.179

Welcome back.




This week we'll be continuing with the painting of the grille of a 1949 Packard automobile. The photo that I'm using is seen in the photo directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylics on an 8x10 canvas.



Seen in a vintage illustration directly below is the entire vehicle showing the grille in context.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


I have continued to concentrate my efforts on the area between the central grille and the headlight. These reflections are now complete with the addition of the various details. The reflected houses now have all of their details including doors, windows and trim. Landscaping is added where bits of it are seen in the source photo.


I'm now finally ready to address the top left corner of the canvas, the only remaining area to be painted. I'll hopefully have it completed for you next week.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then.


As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home