Friday, March 09, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.83

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuing with our painting of the used car lot, featuring a 1959 Volvo. The photo which I am using is seen directly below.



When last seen here, the painting appeared as it does directly below.



Since that time I have continued working on the painting. I started to paint in the red body color and the wheels of the car. Getting the wheels to appear in phase with each other has proven to be the most difficult part of this piece so far. Further adjustment is still needed.

I've also started to paint in the lot and shadow. Note that the lighting goes toward the rear of the car, yielding a long shadow behind the car. The shadow follows the segmented body style of the car.

I've still got much to do but I'm pleased so far.

The current state of the painting appears below.



That's about it for now, see you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home