Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.82

Welcome back.






This week we'll be taking a detour from our Sedona, Arizona scene. We will go back to it soon.

Remember this painting?



Well, after painting the second car (foreground), I was just itching to paint the words low miles or creampuff in the windshield. And so it came to me that I might try painting a car lot. But what I thought, in my bizarre thought chain, is that a used car lot would be more interesting and dramatic. I found several photos of a lot in Arizona, and the following seemed appropriate.



Front and center is a 1959 Volvo, a car known for rugged durability and 1940s styling at a time when tailfins ruled. It will make for an interesting painting. My initial brushstrokes are seen below.



I can't wait to paint something in the windshield. See you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home