Saturday, July 29, 2006

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol. 51

The staff thought that I should lighten up, so I'll post one of these, usually posted elsewhere.



Welcome back!



This week we'll be continuing with the painting of Wild Horse Butte, a scene from southern Utah.  It is seen in the photo directly below.



When last we met, the paiting appeared as it does directly below.



Since that time I've continued refining the surface and shadows of the butte. The entire butte now has a texture and highlights. The highlights have been done with a lightened version of the main body color. The same color has been used to define horizontal areas. I've also brushed some of this paint accross the shadowed areas. For these areas, the brush was almost dry. Finally, I've painted in the small background area on the right side of the painting.


The painting as it currently appears is seen directly below.



I must say that I never expected to get this painting to this point so quickly. But I got into a groove and things came together. Sometimes you struggle, sometimes things just go a bit more smoothly. You just never know.


I will continue with the piece and have more for you next week. See you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home