Friday, June 23, 2006

The Best Laid Plans

When I began this blog more than one year ago, I had visions of eventually offering a viable alternative to the other well known left-leaning blogs. (In fact when one individual asked why my painting diaries, posted elsewhere, were not posted here. I thought of them as far too frivolous.) What was I thinking? I have neither the time nor knowledge to blog at that level. But though things have not turned out to reflect my original vision, this isn't GBCW.

Instead, this blog is a small (very small) addition to the family of left-leaning blogs and not the alternative that I had originally envisioned. And that's okay. It is what it is, as they say. I will keep on offering the kind of limited coverage stories and snark that has been here since May of 2005.

In the same way, my activism is more limited than I would like. My schedule doesn't allow much more for me. But that too is okay, I must balance activism with the other demands on my time, including my young son. He is more than deserving of my attention.

And so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home