Friday, September 18, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.215

Hello again painting fans.








This week we'll be continuing with our 2 new paintings.


The photos that I will be using are seen directly below.  The first photo shows the Monument Rocks in Kansas.  Seen below that photo is one depicting a decrepit 1950 Hudson.




I'll be using my usual acrylics on 8x10 canvases.


For this week's installment, I've continued with the old Hudson.


When last seen the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.





Since that time I've continued to work on the painting.


I've addressed several areas of the painting. One change was necessitated by an accident. Some blue paint was inadvertently placed on the foreground pavement. I made lemonade with my lemon and blended the blue while adding a bit more. It worked out fairly well.


The car to the right rear has had its wheel adjusted for size. It is now appropriate to the car.


The car to the left rear is now complete. It has a few details and a shadow beneath.


Finally, the sky has been painted in a cream color. I intended to carry the ochre color through to another area of the painting, mixing it with white paint. It doesn't seem to do that but does provide a nice offset for the other elements.


With that, the painting is complete.


The current (and final) state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

(Unfortunately my photography doesn't quite do it justice.)


That's about it for now. Next week I'll have a new piece to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home