Friday, September 26, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.164

Welcome back.





This week we'll be starting an entirely new painting. We're traveling cross country from Cape May, New Jersey to the Sonoran desert of southern Arizona. Our new subject, a scene from that area, is seen in the photo directly below.



I love the look of the sky in this photo. It gives an added depth to what might otherwise be a rather unexceptional scene.

I will have several challenges here including the sky and the cactus itself. I hope that I can do this scene justice.

I began the painting with an underpainting that places the major elements on the canvas. Three broad areas have been established, the sky, cactus and the ground area.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home