Friday, August 22, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol. 159

Welcome back.




This week we will be continuing with the (West) Cape May, New Jersey Victorian house.  The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.



I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics and, once again, in an 8x10 format on stretched canvas.


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.


 


Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.


In this week's cycle it's all about light, and shadow. The roof has been painted in a light grey with darker shadows cast by the chimney and front-facing gables. The light grey is lighter than I'd like and will be darkened slightly for the next installment.


The shadow cast by the unseen house to the right now accurately reflects its roof line. Finally, the windows are now blue, something that may change before this piece is done.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress.  As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home