Friday, January 19, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.76

Welcome back.




This week we'll be completing the painting that was inspired by the Sedona, Arizona scene seen in the photo directly below.



When last we were together, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have completed the painting.

I have painted over the building on the right, making it a uniform color. Now, the shadows are the only details. The former doors have no been subsumed in a more unified structure. It is also more in keeping with my plan for minimalism.

The bushes have been repainted with a wavy edge. It brings a bit more realism yet still fits in with the clean details of other elements.

I've painted over the parking surface with a bit more variation.

The final painting is seen below.



I am pleased with the result of this experiment. Only 4 tubes of paint and yet I never felt constrained.

Next week, an entirely new project. See you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home